LinkedIn is a social network with over 107 million users in the USA that enables you to make better use of your professional network and help the people you trust in return. It's no secret that LinkedIn is a great place to network professionally, post and find jobs, and answer questions and build thought leadership.
LinkedIn the most obvious way to identify influential individuals at specific organizations. A search for your target business or title on LinkedIn will identify people you may already be connected with, either directly or through your connections. LinkedIn is a great tool to leverage your existing contacts to connect with people and find potential customers online.
44% of B2B marketers have generated leads via LinkedIn, whereas only 39% have generated leads through Facebook and just 30% through Twitter. (ReachForce)
Linkedin facts and statistics
Here are some facts and statistics released in late 2014 on a LinkedIn investor call.
- LinkedIn started on May 5, 2003
- It went public in May 19, 2011
- LinkedIn has 332 million members
- 2 new users join every second
- 42 million unique mobile visitors per month. This stat is up from 29 million a year before (This is a 45% increase in just 12 months )
- Net revenue for the quarter was $568 million which is a big increase from the Q3 result in 2013 of $393 million
- 107 million users are in the USA alone
- LinkedIn’s user goal is 3 billion registered users
- Average time a user spends on LinkedIn is 17 minutes per month
- 25 million LinkedIn profiles are viewed every day
- One in three professionals on the planet are on LinkedIn
- You can increase your linkedIn views by 11 times by including a photo
- 41% of users visit Linkedin via mobile
- The average number of connections on Linkedin is 930
- There were 28 billion Linkedin profile views in Q3, 2014
- 13% of millennials use LinkedIn
- LinkedIn’s percentage of social sharing is only 4%
- 39 million students and recent grads are on LinkedIn
- 56% of members are male
- 44% of members are female
- 30,000 long form posts are published on Linkedin every week
- 41% of millionaires use LinkedIn
- 13% of LinkedIn users don’t have a Facebook account
- 59% of Linkedin users don’t visit Twitter
- LinkedIn users spend 26% of their time on LinkedIn using the mobile app
The sophisticated marketer’s checklist: Do you fit the bill?
Check the items that apply to your LinkedIn marketing strategy, tally your score and see how you stack up using the key. Find out if you’ve got what it takes to be a Sophisticated Marketer then share with your fellow marketers to see how they measure up.
Expand your effectiveness on LinkedIn with the insider's manual to LinkedIn results for B2B companies. Learn how LinkedIn can make a meaningful difference in your sales results with just 5 easy steps.